It's Not Your Imagination . . .

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

. . . my blog does look totally different! I've been tinkering. I've wanted to update the look of the blog for a while. Since I started Twittering, I've seen quite a few blogs (because people often post links to their blogs on Twitter) and I realized I could do more with the format. I also found this link from JennNinja on Twitter - it was the impetus I needed to go ahead with the format change.

I wanted a 3-column format and tabs or links along the top. I searched the web and found a template that I liked on OurBlogTemplates.com. I selected "Nightingale" but I changed the colors to match those of my web site.

This is what the old format looked like:


Because I was leery of totally destroying my blog during the process, I set up a new "test blog" to be sure everything looked right first. Then, I copied the code from the test blog to this blog. I still had to make a few tweaks, as the code didn't work perfectly right off the bat, but I was able to copy and paste sections of code from the test blog to this blog where needed.

I'm happy with the new look and hope you like it too.

And speaking of new looks, I've also started an official e-newsletter. In the past, I've sent out announcements and information via e-mail, but just by putting text and images in the body of the e-mail. It worked, although it wasn't particularly exciting. Now I'm using iContact to create e-newsletters and mail them. You can see my very first issue here. If you'd like to sign up to receive the newsletter, which I'll send out monthly, click here.

4 comments:

jessika.mk April 28, 2009 at 10:24 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melody Lea Lamb April 29, 2009 at 2:48 AM  

I L-O-V-E it Ann!! Sounds like you had a way easier time of it than I did too. I think I tried to save too many widgets when I switched over to 3 column. Better to start a fresh if possible. It looks just super and a real pleasure to look at!!

Jennifer Rose April 29, 2009 at 3:46 AM  

oh this looks pretty! :D
i really like this template, might have to do some tinkering with it for my blog

Julie B April 29, 2009 at 4:27 AM  

I love the look of your new blog! Great idea to make it look more like your website - the whole branding thing is so important for marketing.

- - - All art and images ©Ann Ranlett, unless otherwise credited. All rights reserved. - - -

___________________________
Stat Counter

  © Free Blogger Templates Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP