A Pig and Some Pooches

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

This bristly guy with lots of texture is Homer, a pot-bellied pig.


4" x 4" Ink on Scratchboard Drawing





Homer is a gregarious piggy who I met at a local ranch. I knew right away that he'd be a great subject for a scratchboard drawing, so I took quite a few reference photos of him. I started the drawing as a demo piece in one of my scratchboard workshops over a year ago and finished it a couple of days ago.

The original drawing is now at Auburn Old Town Gallery in Auburn CA. Note cards are available in my Bonanzle booth.

I made a print of the drawing to give to Homer's human friends. I knew they were going to have a booth at the local Woofstock event last Sunday, so I figured I could deliver the print, visit some other friends that were going to be at Woofstock and get a few dog photos while I was there.

I got there a bit late but managed to get a few fun photos:


Richard, a large-format French Bulldog who belongs to an ACB volunteer


Bear, a big, friendly and helpful Golden Retriever who belongs to one of the coordinators for NorCal Golden Retriever Rescue


Reina, a sweet Australian Cattle Dog who belongs to the owner of Aunt Cynthia's Bed & Biscuit Inn


A tired Pit Bull. This guy was resting at one of the vendors' booths


Sammy Davis, a champion racing dachshund, expert Frisbee catcher and all-around spunky guy

2 comments:

Unknown September 16, 2009 at 11:09 PM  

This pig is fabulous Ann - so much nicer than the reference photo. This must have taken you ages - LOVE it!!!!

Deborah Jacobs October 7, 2009 at 5:44 PM  

Richard Looks So Handsome! Thanks Ann!

- - - All art and images ©Ann Ranlett, unless otherwise credited. All rights reserved. - - -
_________________________________
"This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."

___________________________

  © Free Blogger Templates Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP