Down and Dirty

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

This is what I'll do to get a good photo of a critter:

Fortunately the paddock was dry. I'm not sure I would've done that if it was muddy!

And this is one of the shots I got:

Valentine the Angora Goat
(she was just 3 days old at the time)


About two weeks ago, my good friend Sandy and I visited a local ranch/rescue facility.


Baby - a diabetic Pomeranian


Buddy - a senior Boston Terrier

Sandy and I spent about three hours there, petting dogs, cats, horses, an opinionated pig and Valentine. Of course, we took lots and lots of photos. I've posted a selection of photos here, you can see more on Flickr.

By the time we left that day (in supremely happy moods), the toes of our shoes, knees and elbows were dirty and we smelled like eau de equine. I also had a wet knee because I hadn't noticed a puddle of dog pee in the house before I knelt down to take some photos!

3 comments:

Erica Lea February 25, 2010 at 10:18 PM  

All of your photos are great! It was definitely worth getting down and dirty for Valentine:-) I just have to ask, though, did you get to pet her after? She looks sooooo soft.

AnnRan February 25, 2010 at 10:51 PM  

Thanks Erica :) Yes, we did get to pet Valentine. We felt nervous leaving her out in the open like that, her mom was nearby, but not close and there was a group of horses a few feet away. So I picked the baby up and we took her over to be with her mom. Not quite as soft as expected, sort of, ummm, "poodle-like"!

Gail H. Ragsdale February 27, 2010 at 3:59 AM  

LOL Ann! I know the get down and dirty part of shooting photos! Love the photo of Valentine!

What a wonderful thing being able to go and pet the group!

- - - All art and images ©Ann Ranlett, unless otherwise credited. All rights reserved. - - -
_________________________________
"This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."

___________________________

  © Free Blogger Templates Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP