An Ostrich Egg for Cabela's

Thursday, August 08, 2013

My ostrich egg supplier commissioned this egg to be given to Cabelas' Wichita, KS store in honor of a number of milestones. He requested the Cabela's logo on it, which was a challenge, but I was pleased with the way it turned out. The cattails on either side of the logo were an extra touch. He had initially wanted all the text shown on the plaque on the back side of the egg, but I suggested he have the egg mounted in some fashion and have a plaque made. Lettering is really tough to do, and getting the logo right on the front side was all I wanted to tackle! He took my suggestion and boy, did he run with it! I love the way this turned out. I sent the egg to him in February, but hadn't heard anything until last week when he sent some photos. He told me everyone loved it and even Jim Cabela, the founder, was at the event!

Three views of the logo art

The egg mounted, with deer antlers and the plaque
The plaque

- - - All art and images ©Ann Ranlett, unless otherwise credited. All rights reserved. - - -
_________________________________
"This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."

___________________________

  © Free Blogger Templates Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP