New Look!

Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Yes, the blog is different. I've updated the color scheme to reflect the overhaul of my web site. The web site isn't ready for launch yet, but it will be eventually. It's something I've been working on for years - converting it to the Wordpress platform. It's slow going because there is a lot of material to transfer, so I work on it in fits and starts. The beta version is accessible, if you'd like to see it here. Today I decided to come up with a different header for the new web site. I wanted to use the same header for the blog, and that required an update to the color scheme. So there you have it and now you see it.

In other news, I applied for membership to Women Artists of the West (WAOW) and was accepted. I'm now an Associate member.

I'm gearing up for the first of two fall open studios this weekend. #1 is the Newcastle Art Studios Tour (October 12/13), #2 is the Autumn Art Studios Tour (November 8 - 10). My studio is full of art and just needs a good vacuuming to get rid of assorted insects and cobwebs.

The bison you see in the header is a new scratchboard drawing. I created "Call of the Prairie" for our Newcastle Tour's preview show, which is on display through the Tour weekend at Lone Buffalo Vineyards. I scanned the bison in various stages as I worked on it, you can see those images in my WIP (work in progress) album on Facebook. Scroll down to the bottom of the album. Donna Ridgway provided the terrific photo I used for reference.

"Call of the Prairie", 5" x 7" scratchboard, tinted with ink

2 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale October 9, 2013 at 3:51 AM  

The Bison is one of your best yet! Stunning!

AnnRan October 9, 2013 at 11:11 AM  

Thank you, Gail! I enjoyed working on this one - the varied textures were fun :-)

- - - All art and images ©Ann Ranlett, unless otherwise credited. All rights reserved. - - -
_________________________________
"This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."

___________________________

  © Free Blogger Templates Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP