Fun Dog Photos Now On-line; Eggplant Festival

Monday, October 02, 2006

Just finished uploading some fun photos I took at the RDOG (Roseville Dog Owners' Group) Doggie Dip Day. Of course, you're wondering what that is - so I'll explain. There's an aquatic center in Roseville CA and before they shut the place down for the winter, they allow folks to bring their dogs out for a day to swim and have a grand old time. It's quite chaotic with wet dogs running around and jumping in the pool; the dogs are supremely happy! And their humans are pretty happy too - can't help smiling at all the fun-loving pooches.

RDOG coordinates the scheduling and charges a small admission fee to raise money for their mission of promoting responsible dog ownership. I've been a member of RDOG for a few years now and they're a wonderful organization. To see the photos I took during the hour and a half I was there, click here.

Now I'm gearing up for the Loomis (CA) Eggplant Festival this Saturday (Oct 7th). It's a celebration of all things eggplant. I realize that eggplant is one of those "love it or hate it" veggies, but even if you don't like it, there's fun to be had at the Festival. Loomis is a small town and the Festival has a big "block party" feel to it. I'll have a booth featuring my "Paintings with Petzazz" art & merchandise and a few paintings of veggies as well. The neatest thing is that the painting I did to have at last year's booth was chosen to represent the festival this year. I'm very pleased and honored for my work to have been chosen. Oh yeah, and I do happen to like eggplant!!!

0 comments:

- - - All art and images ©Ann Ranlett, unless otherwise credited. All rights reserved. - - -
_________________________________
"This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."

___________________________

  © Free Blogger Templates Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP