Oliver & Holiday Art

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

My latest commissioned portrait is Oliver the orange tabby. Instead of the typical "head shot" portrait, I decided to include more of his body in this painting. That white "belt" of his caught my eye and the look he was giving the mouse toy while I was taking photos was something I wanted to capture. In reality, Oliver was getting quite bored with the photo shoot and wasn't in the mood to play with the mouse, but I was fortunate to get a couple of reference photos of him staring at the toy.

Oliver - watercolor portrait by Ann Ranlett
The original painting is 8x10 in watercolor on Yupo.

And now for the Holiday Art:
It's after Thanksgiving, and time to offer some Holiday/Christmas art on a couple of on-line sites. Honest, I waited until the day after Thanksgiving to list these things - it drives me crazy the way Christmas merchandise comes out earlier and earlier every year!

I have cards in my Etsy shop - 4 different images (reproductions of my paintings) that come in sets of 5 for $19. They're blank inside and come with a white envelope. Sure, they're a bit more expensive than mass produced cards, but each one is printed, cut and folded by me!

Click on the image below to view/purchase cards.
Christmas cards by Ann Ranlett

You'll find the same images on a variety of merchandise, including porcelain ornaments, magnets, mugs & t-shirts in my CafePress shop.

2 comments:

Mishkat December 4, 2008 at 5:10 AM  

Oliver is beautiful! I love the colors you chose to set off his fur.

Gail H. Ragsdale December 8, 2008 at 12:13 PM  

Love Oliver! I haven't used Yupo as yet, the surface always seems so smooth.

- - - All art and images ©Ann Ranlett, unless otherwise credited. All rights reserved. - - -
_________________________________
"This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."

___________________________

  © Free Blogger Templates Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP