Sammy's Portrait - Finished!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I've written about Sammy in my blog before, and in my last post, I shared photos of this portrait (while it was in progress) and of Sammy looking at it.

Sammy's a white dog with no particular markings and I didn't want to use realistic colors for this painting, so I used blue, lavender, pale turquoise and rose. I wanted the portrait to be happy - as Sammy is now, despite a really rough start in life.





Sammy has his own blog - read about his adventures and what his early days with his Kind Friend were like.

Sammy fans can find a variety of Sammy merchandise in my Zazzle shop. I've also made laminated paper earrings, find them in my Bonanza shop.

_______________________________________

Materials used for Sammy's portrait:
Watercolor Art Board (4" x 4")
Micron Pen (black ink)
Daniel Smith Watercolors
Prismacolor Colored Pencils
Krylon UV Resistant Clear Spray

3 comments:

rich October 28, 2010 at 9:27 PM  

OMG! This is sooo pretty! :) I like it! ^^

Wendy Wright November 9, 2010 at 8:30 PM  

Really beautiful Ann as always. Love the colors you chose. They work very well.

Tammy Beaudette March 13, 2011 at 8:27 AM  

Beautiful! You captured him perfectly.

- - - All art and images ©Ann Ranlett, unless otherwise credited. All rights reserved. - - -
_________________________________
"This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."

___________________________

  © Free Blogger Templates Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP