Woofstock!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Woofstock is an annual event in Rocklin, CA that's all about dogs. People bring their dogs and there are vendors with dog-related products. Plus music, food, costume contests & Dachshund races too!

It was a much hotter day than it usually is this time of year, but my friend Sandy & I decided to go anyway. We enjoy photographing the array of dogs that show up and I really wanted to take our new dog Arrow on an adventure. Our border collie, Magpie, has never been thrilled with outings - she's shy and gets stressed by crowds & commotion, so she got to stay home with John and enjoy some alone-time without her new "brother". I was pretty sure Arrow would be fine at Woofstock and I'm thrilled that he didn't prove me wrong. He was a trooper and made it through the day with flying colors. I really want him to be a happy traveling buddy, so this was a great first step.

I was a little distracted by Arrow, so I didn't get as many photos (and even fewer good ones) as I usually do at an event, but I have a few to share. I even forgot to get my bag of kettle corn today - I'm bummed about that.






Happy Apollo is looking for his forever home - find out more at Chako.org





See more in my Flickr album, along with some I took at last year's Woofstock.

4 comments:

Unknown August 31, 2011 at 9:13 AM  

I'm bummed to have missed this event! It looked like a blast!

AnnRan August 31, 2011 at 12:26 PM  

It's been an annual thing for quite a few years. Maybe you can make it next year, Evie. You'd have fun!

Dog Paintings September 5, 2011 at 6:44 PM  

This looks like fun. Might have to attend next year.

Melody Lea Lamb September 12, 2011 at 5:48 PM  

Great pics, Ann!! I love seeing you and Arrow. :)

- - - All art and images ©Ann Ranlett, unless otherwise credited. All rights reserved. - - -
_________________________________
"This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."

___________________________

  © Free Blogger Templates Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP